We are incredibly passionate about education and its capacity to reduce poverty and help to build productive and autonomous communities. Investment in education initiatives is an integral component of our sustainable development program.
Since 2007, we have helped fund many different programs designed to give our host communities the opportunity to improve their education and equip them with the tools needed to facilitate learning. Our education programs include three main components; subsidy to teacher salaries, additional classroom construction and scholarship grants and education assistance.
We Care Education: Philippines
Our Goal: increase students completing year 12 by 40% over the next 10 years
Adopt a School Program
- We will develop a plan to adopt the poorest schools to provide all students with starter packs. We will strive for equality in education for our community.
Didipio High School
- We will develop an operational plan with the Steering Committee to ensure that our school is fully operating for the new school year in August 2016.
- Develop handover agreement.
We Care: Sports
The Education, Health and Well Being, Infrastructure and Business Development Team will work together to develop a Sports and Recreation Program including:
- The first inter-school basket ball play-offs
- Zumba & other fitness classes
- Diet and Nutrition classes
- Sporting and Fitness event calendar
- Handover agreement to the community